Fall Leadership Training
Guest Presenter: Capt Rick Francis, School Safety and Security Manager, who will share info about School Safety programs in place and how parents can support student safety on campus.
- Welcome/General Meeting (6:00 PM - 6:20 PM) Remarks, Debbie Owens, Seminole Prevention Coalition. Light Refreshments
- First Session (6:30 PM - 7:10 PM) President; Secretary; Reflections; Health & Wellness
- Second Session (7:15 PM - 7:55 PM) Treasurer; Bylaws/Standing Rules; Membership; Social Media; Awards
- Third Session (8:00 PM - 8:30 PM) PTA Q&A, Elementary; PTA Q&A; Middle/High School
Event Invitation - view the online invitation sent to your local PTA/PTSA President to extend the invitation to the entire PTA/PTSA Board.
Leadership Training Workshops Included:
President - presented by Katie Burris (SCCPTA President)
- Review the role and responsibilities of the President. Learn how to utilize resources and build relationships to create a stronger PTA. Bring along any questions, concerns, and perhaps a Vice President!
Treasurer - presented by Karen Mazzola (SCCPTA Treasurer)
- Treasurers! Bring your budgets, your forms, your audits, and your questions! We will discuss treasurers' hot topics this year from the IRS and have a Q&A to help each other out. Remember, Math and Money are fun!
Secretary - presented by Melissa Holmes (SCCPTA Secretary)
- Learn the minute details of taking minutes!
Website, Facebook, and More! - presented by Joni Fussell (SCCPTA Communication: Website & Social Media)
- Every local PTA/PTSA should have a website! Don't worry, you can easily create one free and it is easy to do! I'll also share some of my favorite "free" resources you can use to engage your school community - all of which are easy to use and effective communication tools.
PTA/PTSA Awards - presented by Deb Paul (SCCPTA Award Chairperson)
- Learn the How, What, Where, and Why to Receive Your Awards!
Reflections - presented by Natalie Amento
- Learn about program updates, share strategies for managing a successful program and get your questions answered!
By-Laws/Standing Rules - presented by Mary Barker
And more ...
- When will I get reimbursed for this? Do I have to pay the registration for Leadership Convention? I’ve been appointed hospitality chair, now what? If you’ve heard questions like this and you weren’t sure how to answer, then Bylaws/Standing Rules is the class for you. Learn how to find the answers to these types of questions.
- PTA shares the Keys to Wellness and Safety
And more ...